News & Updates
Join Goldberg Segalla’s John J. Jablonski at DRI’s Data Breach and Privacy Law Seminar August 28, 2014
The Defense Research Institute’s inaugural Data Breach and Privacy Law Seminar: Cyber Security Strategies in a Digital Age is almost here. As the threats of data security breaches and concerns over privacy escalate daily — along with the potential costs and reputational risks that accompany a breach or other incident — this is an event that no business, technology, or legal professional can afford to miss.
This first-ever conference, which will run September 11–12 at the Conrad Chicago, will offer presentations from data security and privacy professionals who are at the forefront of cutting-edge data security and privacy issues, as well as industry leaders who will provide valuable insight and practical experience.
John J. Jablonski, Co-Chair of Goldberg Segalla’s Cyber Risk and Social Media Practice Group and a nationally recognized authority on the protection and preservation of data, is the Program Chair of this DRI conference. John also will co-present “Developing a Data Security Plan” and “Rolling Out the Plan” during the Data Security Governance breakout sessions on September 11.
Who should attend:
- Lawyers (in-house or outside counsel), IT professionals, adjusters, and others in compliance roles at their organizations
What you will learn:
- The “science” of cyber attacks, including technical terms related to data systems and security
- Industry standards defining the standard of care for privacy and data protection
- Theories of civil liability for data security breach
- Health privacy, technical requirements for protection of health records, and the standard of care
- International implications of data security and privacy in a global data infrastructure
- Effective strategies to respond to data breach incidents, including insurance coverage issues
- Data security ethical issues
To learn more, view the full program, and register, click here.