Cory A. DeCresenza
- Direct — 315.413.5425
- Fax — 315.413.5401
Cory DeCresenza is an associate in the firm’s Syracuse office. Prior to joining the firm, Cory was admitted to practice in New York in February 2010 and is a former clerk for the New York State Appellate Division, Fourth Department during 2009–2011. He has experience in appellate and general litigation, but concentrates on workers’ compensation litigation.
Cory has experience in handling trials at the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB), including lay witness testimony and medical testimony on the issues of accident, notice, and causal relationship, period and extent of disability, entitlement to medical benefits under the board’s Medical Treatment Guidelines, and fraud. He has advised clients on claims in all aspects of claims, starting from the inception of the claim (whether controverted or accepted by the carrier) to recommending solutions to resolving claims by settlement or alternative resolution and has drafted numerous appeals to the WCB Panel.
Cory is Co-Editor of Goldberg Segalla’s Workers’ Compensation Quarterly newsletter, which examines the latest rulings, developments, and trends impacting the defense of workers' compensation claims.
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2014-2016
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Syracuse University College of Law, magna cum laude, J.D., 2009
- Dickinson College, summa cum laude, B.A., 2006
- Co-Author, “Employment of Undocumented Workers by Subcontractors: Evaluating General Contractor Workers’ Compensation Potential Liability,” USLAW Magazine, Spring/Summer 2014
- Author, "Rethinking the Effect of Public Funding on the State-Actor Status of Private Schools in First Amendment Freedom of Speech Actions," 59 Syracuse L. Rev. 471 (2009)