- Direct — 516.281.9882
- Fax — 516.281.9801
Court Cousins counsels clients in the insurance industry nationwide. His experience includes drafting policies, rendering coverage opinions, providing auditing services, providing advice on legal and regulatory compliance, and representing insurers before a variety of regulatory agencies. He handles matters from inception through completion, helping clients find the best path to resolution of their complex legal issues — be it through litigation, arbitration, or mediation. Court offers clients extensive experience with coverage matters involving directors and officers liability, errors and omissions, commercial general liability, employers’ liability, and cyber liability. He has also litigated coverage matters concerning disputes of primary, excess, and umbrella CGL liability coverage for large-scale construction projects, as well as disputes involving breaches of contract/fiduciary duty, business torts, commercial financing, and labor and employment.
During law school at Hofstra, Court was the Editor-in-Chief of the Hofstra Journal of International Business and Law (Vol. IX), a student-advocate for the Unemployment Action Center representing claimants in more than 45 administrative trials and appeals, and recipient of a Gold Public Service Award. He was also a judicial extern for the Hon. Ira B. Warshawsky (ret.) of the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Ninth Circuits
- Volunteer firefighter and paramedic, Syosset Fire Department
- Co-President, North Syosset Civic Association
- Hofstra Law School, J.D., 2010
- State University of New York, Empire State College, B.A., 2007