Jennaydra D. Clunis
- Direct — 516.281.9884
- Fax — 914.798.5401
Jennaydra D. Clunis has more than a decade of experience handling employment and labor matters. She focuses on defending employers in claims involving age, gender, disability, transgender, and pregnancy discrimination.
She has represented a diverse range of clients, including large school districts, municipalities, major electronics and grocery stores, school bus companies, private employers, and fashion and entertainment clients in both state and federal courts, as well as before the Equal Employment Commission, the State Division of Human Rights, and the New York City Commission of Human Rights.
Jennaydra oversees cases from inception through resolution, and with a background as a licensed mediator, she has handled numerous arbitrations, mediations, and settlement negotiations. Her extensive experience also includes defending clients in workers’ compensation cases — examining witnesses, preparing them for trial, and handling appeals — as well as commercial litigation, general litigation, and debtor-creditor matters.
Before joining private practice, Jennaydra was an assistant corporation counsel with the City of New York, where she defended the city in employment and labor matters, and she also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Frederic R. McDaniel. While earning her J.D. from New York Law School, she was an Associate Editor of the New York Law School Law Review.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015-2016 (Thomson Reuters)
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 40 Under 40 for Labor/Employment Lawyers in New York, 2015
- View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Member, New York Junior League
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New York Law School, J.D., 2004
- University of Delaware, BSBA, 1999
- Presenter, "Fundamentals of Employment Law in New York," Sterling Education Services, Inc. Seminar, Fall 2010
- Co-Author, "Second Circuit Changes the Civil Rights Claim Game with its Ruling in Holcomb v. Iona College," NYSBA Perspective, Fall 2008