Laura Ashley Martin
- Direct — 914.798.5479
- Fax — 914.798.5401
Laura Ashley Martin is a partner in the firm’s White Plains office. She has experience litigating complex product liability and commercial matters in both federal and state court. She defends clients in a variety of industries, including medical device manufacturers and consumer product businesses, against both single plaintiffs and large, consolidated actions. She has defended manufacturers of products ranging from joint implants, denture cream, hair coloring, and home health aides to beverages, building supplies, and golf cars.
Laura Ashley has experience in asbestos litigation and defends manufacturers of automotive products. She also handles the defense of Labor Law matters for both contractors and property owners, including a major airline. Laura Ashley has completed the Department of Labor's OSHA-10 Construction Training.
Prior to joining the firm, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Mitchell S. Goldberg in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Bucks County Court of Common Pleas. Her duties included managing an active docket of hundreds of cases and drafting judicial opinions on dispositive motions and trial issues in complex civil matters.
While receiving her juris doctor from Pennsylvania State University’s Dickinson School of Law, Laura Ashley served on the editorial board for the Penn State International Law Review, on the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team, and was awarded the Order of Barristers.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015-2016 (Thomson Reuters)
- View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Professional Affiliations and Training
- Department of Labor OSHA-10 Construction Training
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- USRowing Referee
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind puppy raiser
- Pennsylvania State University – The Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Union College, B.A., cum laude, 2005
- Co-Author, “The Role of Preemption in Mass Tort Cases,” Chapter 15 in New Jersey Mass Torts and Class Action Treatise, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2015
- Panelist, "Is It Here or There? – Personal Jurisdiction over Foreign Entities," ABA Section of Litigation, Mass Torts Committee, November 18, 2014
- Author, “The Pavlis Murder and Why Russia Changed the Russian Family Code and Policy on Foreign Adoption,” 26 Penn St. Int’l L. Rev. 709 (Winter 2008)
- Author, “Foreign Adoption Policies of the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China,” Sudebnik, vol. II, issue 2 (Wildy, Simmonds & Hill 2006)