Laura J. Irk
- Direct — 312.572.8419
- Fax — 312.572.8401
Laura J. Irk dedicates her practice to insurance coverage counseling and complex insurance coverage litigation. She routinely counsels insurers on coverage issues arising under primary and excess commercial liability and specialty lines insurance policies. Laura also has experience representing insurers in environmental coverage lawsuits and litigation involving multi-million dollar first-party property claims. Her background also includes the representation of cedents and reinsurers in arbitration and litigation disputes involving a range of facultative and treaty reinsurance contracts. She has extensive experience negotiating and drafting settlement agreements on behalf of insurers, cements, and reinsurers. Laura also regularly contributes to the firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance Report blog.
Laura earned her J.D. from the Valparaiso University School of Law, and following graduation, she was a law clerk to the Hon. Stuart E. Palmer in the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- Volunteer, Lawyers in the Classroom, 2014-2015
- Volunteer, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, 2011-2013
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- Creighton University, B.A., cum laude, 2004