Leah A. Brndjar
- Direct — 609.986.1322
- Fax — 609.986.1301
Leah Brndjar has a diverse litigation and business background, with a practice that includes defending matters in areas such as products liability, transportation, and personal injury. Leah has appeared before state and federal courts, district courts, and has presented arguments before the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the New Jersey Supreme Court. She also helps clients resolve their legal disputes through mediation and arbitration.
Leah’s experience includes several years of exclusively practicing bankruptcy law and she is well-versed in matters pertaining to Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13 proceedings, having represented a Bankruptcy Trustee in various capacities. She defends business entities, shareholders, and individual creditors against preferences and fraudulent transfer claims, and uses her extensive knowledge of New Jersey state and federal bankruptcy law to guide companies through the complex process.
Leah is a regular contributor to Goldberg Segalla’s Product Liability Playbook blog. A member of the firm’s Food and Beverage Practice Group, she helps clients identify the complex regulations and hurdles they face when bringing food products identified as “natural” or “organic” to the market. Leah provides clients cogent analysis of emerging compliance and regulatory issues in the food industry, and helps clients craft litigation avoidance strategies. She is the co-author of published articles on food exporting and importing and has also given multiple presentations on clean labeling.
Leah’s experience in the logistics industry before law school serves to connect her clients with business contacts that can help facilitate the practical and legal implications of this burgeoning and ever-changing field. She also has worked as an in-house law clerk at a major financial services institution and relies on this practical business experience throughout her practice.
- New Jersey Defense Association
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- George Washington University, B.A., international affairs, cum laude, 2003
- Co-Author, “How to Win a Dismissal When the Plaintiff Declares Bankruptcy,” chapter in Product Liability Litigation: Current Law, Strategies, and Best Practices, Practising Law Institute, January 2015
- Co-Author, “The Economic Loss Rule in NJ and the ‘Integrated Product’ Doctrine,” New Jersey Law Journal, December 10, 2014
- Co-Author, “Going Global: Navigating Import and Export Safety Regulations,” Food Manufacturing, February 10, 2014
- Presenter, "Importing Organic Foods into the United States, Regulations, Compliance Issues and Labeling," European American Chamber of Commerce, New York, NY, September 30, 2015
- Presenter, "Labeling Natural and Organic Products Imported to the United States," Polish American Chamber of Commerce