Michael T. Glascott
- Direct — 716.844.3413
- Fax — 716.566.5401
Michael Glascott is a partner in the Global Insurance Services Practice Group, where his practice includes complex insurance coverage, bad faith, commercial litigation, and tort and New York labor law litigation. Mike has successfully represented clients in courts throughout New York and other northeastern states.
Mike gained extensive trial experience as an assistant district attorney for the County of Erie, where he prosecuted to verdict a variety of criminal matters, including homicides. He has also successfully defended personal injury claims and represented clients in commercial litigation matters while with private firms in Tulsa, Oklahoma and Buffalo, New York.
Mike is a member of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC), where he serves as a member of the Board of Directors, Vice-Chair of the Insurance Industry Committee, and Coordinator of State Representatives for the Eastern States. He is the immediate past Chair of the Insurance Coverage Section, where he earned the 2012 Appleman Award for outstanding service as chair. Mike is one of a select group of lawyers in the United States inducted into the invitation-only American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel.
Mike possesses an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest available rating, and he has been named to Business First's Who's Who in the Law for Insurance Coverage.
- New York State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC): Board of Directors; Coordinator of State Representatives — Eastern States; Vice Chair, Insurance Industry Committee; Member, Admissions Committee; Member, Financial Review Committee; Member and Former Chairperson, Insurance Coverage Section; Member, Extra Contractual Section
- American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel: Fellow
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
- John Alan Appleman Award, Outstanding Chairperson for the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Business First’s Who’s Who in Law (Insurance)
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers (Insurance Coverage)
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- School Board for Southtowns Catholic School: Member 2009-2010; Vice President 2010-2012
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., 1983
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., 1979
Co-Author, “The Emperor’s New Clothes and Cyber Insurance,” FDCC Quarterly, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Spring 2013
Presenter/Author, “Landmines For Lawyers," FDCC Annual Meeting, Colorado Springs, Colorado, August 1, 2013
Presenter/Co-Author, “The Emperor’s New Clothes and Cyber Insurance — A Few Questions Go a Long Way: Evaluating the ‘Bare’ Essentials of a New Product Amidst a New and Dangerous Risk,” Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel Winter Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, March 7, 2013
- Presenter and Co-Author, “Sleep Tight, Don’t Let the Bed Bugs Bite,” Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting, July 2011. (This paper addressed insurance coverage issues that arise in the context of bedbug claims.)
- Author, Calculating the Amount of Coverage, New Appleman On Insurance 3d Edition, Chapter 47, LexisNexis, Spring 2011
- Moderator/Presenter, "The Ripple Effect of Catastrophic Environmental Events: Moratoriums, Regulatory Change, and Industry Reaction - Do We Learn From Our Mistakes?," Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, March 4, 2011
- Moderator, "Reinsurance Markets In a Global Economy," FDCC Annual Meeting, Munich, July 2010
- Presenter, "Insurance Coverage Issues in the Commercial General Liability Policy," 2010 Spring Update, New York State Bar Association, June 25, 2010
- Co-Presenter, "Nanotechnology - What is it and Why Should We Care?" International Association of Claim Professionals, June 3, 2010
- Presenter, “Contractual Indemnification,” 2009 Insurance Coverage Spring Update, New York State Bar Association, May 2009