Nicholas J. Pontzer
- Direct — 585.295.8335
- Fax — 585.295.8300
Nicholas Pontzer focuses his practice on commercial litigation, employment and labor, complex insurance coverage, and general liability litigation. He has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, and has represented individuals and corporations in both state and federal courts across the country. A representative sampling of his practice includes settling a multimillion dollar contract dispute involving a private equity firm and a foreign company, handling a class action labor dispute involving thousands of plaintiffs, and successfully resolving litigation between an international racing series and a franchisee.
Nick was named a Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Star in 2013 and 2014, and is a member of both the New York State Bar Association and the Monroe County Bar Association; with the latter, he is a member of its Litigation and Young Lawyers sections. He was a recipient of the Russell Baker Scholarship at the University of Chicago Law School,where he earned his Juris Doctor in 2008, and earned his Bachelor of Arts in Economics and History from the University of Notre Dame, where he was a member of both its Economics and History Honor Societies.
- Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Star, 2013-2014, 2016
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association, Litigation and Young Lawyers sections
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Board member, Genesee Center for the Arts
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2008
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2005