Saleel V. Sabnis
- Direct — 267.519.6876
- Fax — 267.519.6801
Saleel Sabnis is an associate in the firm's Philadelphia office. He has significant experience at the trial court level in state and federal courts in Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. His practice is concentrated in professional liability and aviation litigation. Saleel has represented local doctors and attorneys sued in complex malpractice actions. He has also represented commercial airlines in a variety of matters and has also litigated general aviation claims. In addition, Saleel has represented companies and individuals in contract and other business disputes and has prior experience in products liability and general personal injury matters.
Saleel also has class action litigation experience. He was part of a team of attorneys that gained the dismissal with prejudice of a putative class action lawsuit with potential damages over $200 million brought against a product manufacturer.
During law school, Saleel was an assistant law clerk to the Honorable Michael M. Baylson in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He was a staff writer on the Villanova University School of Law Environmental Law Journal and published "Aviall v. Cooper Industries and the Emerging Controversy Behind CERCLA’s Contribution Provision," 16 Vill Envtl. L.J. 261 (2005).
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2012–2016 (Thomson Reuters)
- View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association: Professional Liability Litigation Committee Newsletter Editor
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- South Asian Bar Association of Philadelphia
- Network of Indian Professionals, Philadelphia
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D. 2005
- Luther College, B.A., 2001
- Author, "Attorney Ethics in the Age of Social Media," American Bar Association Professional Liability Newsletter, Spring 2016
- Presenter, “Inadvertent Disclosure of Privileged Documents,” ABA Sound Advice Podcast Series, Summer 2015
- Co-Author, “Recent Developments in Aviation Law,” Southern Methodist University Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Spring 2015
- Author, “Taking Preventive Care to Avoid Legal Malpractice Suits,” American Bar Association Professional Liability Newsletter, Fall 2014
- Author, “Matthew Onyshko v. National Collegiate Athletic Association: A Re-examination of the ‘Inherent Risk’ of Playing Football,” Concussion Litigation Reporter, October 2014
- Author, “Practice Tips: The ‘Settle and Sue’ Legal-Malpractice Case,” American Bar Association Professional Liability Newsletter, Spring 2014
- Author, “The NFL’s Concussion Lawsuit Should Have Shamed the League. It Won’t,” Concussion Litigation Reporter, November 2013
- Author, “Miranda v. Said: No Need to Get ‘Emotional,’” American Bar Association Section of Litigation Professional Liability Newsletter, October 30, 2013
- Author, “Michigan Follows National Trend, Passes New Sports Concussion Law,” Concussion Litigation Reporter, August 2013
- Co-Author, “Giving It the ‘Old College Try,’" American Bar Association Minority Trial Lawyer, Winter 2013