Staci A. Williamson
- Direct — 312.572.8412
- Fax — 312.572.8401
Staci Williamson focuses her practice on defending product liability claims, including those involving fire and explosion, product labeling and warnings, and other issues arising under the Consumer Product Safety Act. She handles premises liability litigation, and represents clients in connection with mass tort class action litigation, appellate litigation, arbitration, and mediation.
Staci has worked on a variety of complex cases, including:
- A motion for summary judgment in the defense of a design engineer against the owner and subrogating property insurance carriers in an $87 million casino complex fire based upon the enforcement of waiver of subrogation provisions in the project construction contracts
- A summary judgment victory in favor of a gas valve component manufacturer in a personal injury case involving an explosion at a youth festival that resulted in severe burns to four minors by convincing a Pennsylvania court to apply Texas law
- The successful defense of a nationwide consumer class action over a recalled children’s toy, a Seventh Circuit decision which set favorable precedent for cases involving defective products
- A summary judgment win and Daubert exclusion of plaintiffs’ experts in a $2 million-plus Arkansas consolidated property loss/fire case involving the destruction of a theater and other businesses in a downtown historic district
Staci is a frequent contributor of articles on product liability defense to publications of the Defense Research Institute and the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel. While receiving her juris doctor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, she contributed to the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal.
Staci received her bachelor of arts degree from Ohio University, where she served as founding member and managing editor of The Ohio Review of Law and Ethics and was an intern for Congressman Ted Strickland.
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (Product Liability Defenese), 2015-2016
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- Ohio University, B.A., cum laude, 2000
- Co-Author, “Connecticut Ponders Liability in the Absence of Evidence,” Law360, July 18, 2014
- Co-Author, “The Role of Medical Examiners and Forensic Pathologists in the Defense of Wrongful Death Cases,” The Voice, Defense Research Institute, July 16, 2014
- Co-Author, “Do Consumers Have Private Remedies for Violations of the Reporting Requirements Under the Rules of the Consumer Product Safety Act?” DRI’s The Voice, Vol. 8, No. 29, 2009
- Co-Author, “The Duty of Vehicle Manufacturers to Protect Non-Occupants, and Construction Negligence and Toxic Torts,” IDC Quarterly, Vol. 18, No. 4, 2008
- Co-Author, “Standard of Care in Negligent Design Product Liability Cases, Existence of a Post-Sale Duty to Warn, the Admissibility of Post-Sale Product Improvements, and Due Process Analysis of Punitive Damage Verdicts: Jablonski v. Ford Motor Company,” IDC Quarterly, Vol. 20, No. 2, 2010