Stewart G. Milch
- Direct — 646.292.8745
- Fax — 646.292.8701
Stewart G. Milch focuses his practice on appellate advocacy and substantive legal writing. He has handled complex litigation at the state and federal levels for more than two decades, during which time he briefed over 100 appeals and argued before all four New York Appellate Divisions, the New York Court of Appeals, and Federal Circuit Courts.
As part of his appellate practice, Stewart has represented a range of clients in medical malpractice and professional liability matters, including anesthesiologists, obstetrician-gynecologists, surgeons, dentists, podiatrists, psychologists, nurses, and physicians’ assistants. In addition, his clients have included numerous hospitals and health care systems, as well as other attorneys and law firms. He has represented landlords and general contractors in Labor Law and general liability matters. Stewart has also served as amicus counsel to the Uniformed Firefighters Association.
His background includes serving as managing attorney of a small law firm in which he practiced as an appellate attorney with other New York City firms. While receiving his juris doctor at New York Law School, Stewart was a member of the school’s Journal of Human Rights.
- New York State Bar Association: Member, Committee on Courts of Appellate Jurisdiction
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Scribes: The American Society of Legal Writers
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York Law School, J.D., 1993
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges, B.A., 1990
- Upcoming presenter, “Careers in Law,” Hobart and William Smith College, Professionals in Residence Series, April 13-14, 2017
- Judge, National Appellate Advocacy Competition, American Bar Association, February 18, 2017
- Judge, 40th Annual Robert F. Wagner National Labor and Employment Law Moot Court Competition, New York Law School, March 18, 2016
- Author, “Appellate Practice and Procedure: Lessons from D’Alessandro v. Carro,” Inside Counsel, November 6, 2014
- Author, “Preparing for Your First Court of Appeals Argument,” New York State Bar Association’s Leaveworthy, Vol. II, No. 2, Winter 2012
- Co-Author, “The National Practitioner Data Bank: What Every Physician Needs to Know,” MD News, September 2012
- Presenter, “After the Verdict: Post-Trial Practice in New York/Enforcement of Money Judgments,” New York State Bar Association, April 19, 2013