Thomas J. O'Grady
- Direct — 609.986.1360
- Fax — 609.986.1301
Thomas O'Grady is a partner to the firm in the Princeton, New Jersey office. He has extensive experience in commercial litigation, product liability, and mass tort litigation, and he handles a vast array of other civil litigation matters including defense of professional liability/medical malpractice claims. Within the area of commercial litigation, he has successfully defended class action claims involving consumer protection statutes and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). He is currently the past Chair of the Product Liability and Mass Tort Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He was a prior Editor of Goldberg Segalla's Product Liability Playbook blog.
Tom has tried product liability and personal injury cases, as well as commercial and employment disputes.
His practice includes the representation of providers in the fast-growing field of wireless communications. His experience in this area involves cell tower lease disputes, contract claims, and consumer litigation. He has consulted clients with respect to regulations impacting the growth of the wireless industry and with respect to threatened class claims.
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Chair, Product Liability and Toxic Tort Section
- New Jersey Defense Association
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Team leader for Jersey Battered Women's Service (pro bono program)
- Youth Athletic Coach
- Penn State - The Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of Scranton, B.S., cum laude, 1991
- Contributor, New Jersey Product Liability and Consumer Fraud Class Action Blog: www.njproductliabilityblog.com
- Presenter, "Attacking and Defending Expert Opinions," New Jersey State Bar Association's Product Liability Seminar: Back to Basics — Fundamentals of a Strong Product Liability Practice, March 30, 2016
- Presenter, “A Primer on Multi-County (Mass Tort) Litigation Practice and Procedures,” New Jersey State Bar Association 2014 Annual Meeting and Convention, Atlantic City, NJ, May 15, 2014
- Co-Author, “Seller Beware: Dealership’s Failure to Disclose That Used Car Was a ‘Loaner’ Leads to Treble Damages and Attorney’s Fee Award,” The Defender, National Association of Dealer Counsel, April 2013
- Presenter, “Limits to Damages Recoverable In Loss of Consortium Claims,” NJ State Bar Association, Atlantic City, May 17, 2012
- Presenter, "Developments in Legal Malpractice Litigation," NJ Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Author, "Multidistrict Litigation: What Is It, and What Can You Do About It?" For the Defense, Defense Research Institute, December 1, 2010