International Commercial Transactions and Litigation
Our experienced attorneys recognize that successful businesses operating beyond the United States often encounter unique legal and business concerns, including customs regulations, trade agreements, complex laws from multiple jurisdictions and cultural differences.
We offer sophisticated, cost-efficient representation and advice on a wide array of cross-border transactions, as well as international and multinational commercial litigation. At Goldberg Segalla, we pride ourselves on helping our clients achieve their global objectives while managing litigation costs, expenses and risk.
To meet the needs of our clients worldwide, our attorneys often work closely with European, Canadian, Mexican and other foreign firms. Our long-standing relationships help us customize solutions for our international clients. In addition, our attorneys are proficient in Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Malayalam, Mandarin, Marathi, Norwegian, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, and Urdu, allowing us to provide country-specific services. We are also active in (and recognized leaders within) international law professional organizations and bar associations.
Our experience includes:
- General corporate counseling and strategic planning
- Regulatory compliance for agencies such as the CPSC, OSHA and NHTSA
- International distribution agreements
- International mergers and acquisitions
- Licensing of intellectual property
- Employment, trade, import/export and immigration issues
- Establishing foreign subsidiary corporations
- International financing
- Real estate purchasing and leasing
- International litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Corporate and Business Transactions
- Retail, Hospitality, and Development
- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- International Commercial Transactions and Litigation