With Goldberg Segalla as your legal partner, you’ll begin every new construction venture supported by trusted advocates who firmly grasp the complex environment you operate in — and have the tools to help you master it.
Lawyers in our Construction Practice Group truly understand construction — not only construction law, but also the multifaceted needs of clients in each distinct sector of this industry. We have experience with public, private, and hybrid projects of all sizes. Our clients include contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, building owners, renewable and traditional energy firms, environmental consultants, insurers, architects, engineers, suppliers, and others involved in construction and development.
We bring to each construction matter an efficient, multidisciplinary team that synthesizes the strengths and knowledge of our Business and Commercial, Employment and Labor, General Liability, Global Insurance Services, OSHA and Worksite Safety, Professional Liability, Workers’ Compensation, and other practices whose experience is critical to success in this industry.
We Speak Your Language
Our team includes leaders and members in these and other organizations:
- American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Coverage (ACCEC)
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), including a New York State Board of Directors member and regional council members
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America, AGC of Connecticut, and AGC of New York State, including an Insurance Task Force member
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), including a former National Chair of the Construction Law Committee
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Professional Women in Construction (PWC), including a Board of Directors member
Leading the Way
Our team is made of recognized leaders who are driving innovation in construction law.
Goldberg Segalla’s rankings in the 2016 U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” survey include recognitions — driven primarily by client evaluations — in Construction Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Insurance Law, Employment Law, and other areas that are critical to success for construction-focused clients.
Our work on litigation arising from massive, multimillion-dollar construction and renewable energy projects in a number of states played a major role in landing the firm in the Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business directory for commercial litigation in Upstate New York, with our construction practice and lead partner Christopher Belter being singled out both by the Chambers editors and by clients interviewed during the selection process.
In the area of construction worksite personal injury litigation — particularly in New York, where the state’s thorny “Scaffold Law” comes into play — Goldberg Segalla is a leading voice among defense practitioners. Our Construction Practice Group serves as the editors of Construction Site Personal Injury Litigation: New York Labor Law §§ 200, 240(1) and 241(6), the premier legal treatise on this topic, published by the New York State Bar Association.
Our attorneys are frequent speakers and publishers to both the construction industry and the legal community on construction topics. To keep clients informed of changes in the law that may affect them, we frequently conduct in-house seminars on evolving substantive and legal issues, publish the biannual Labor Law Update newsletter, and produce the blogs OSHA: Legal Developments and Defense Strategies and Construction Law and Litigation.