Brian T. Stapleton on Challenge to NY Gun Law: Extensive Media Coverage April 2013
Goldberg Segalla partner Brian T. Stapleton has provided commentary for numerous media outlets, including the Associated Press, following the March 2013 filing of a federal lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the hotly debated New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 (N.Y. SAFE Act).
Brian is lead counsel in this lawsuit for numerous plaintiffs, including the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association (the state affiliate of the National Rifle Association). He leads Goldberg Segalla’s Second Amendment litigation and gun-related issues practice.
Highlights of the coverage include:
- “Assault Weapon Registration Begins in NY,” CBS New York (AP), April 15, 2013
- “Gun Rights Groups Ask Court to Stop NY Law,” Wall Street Journal (AP), April 16, 2013
- “Gun Rights Groups Ask Court for Injunction on New York Law,” CBS New York (AP), April 16, 2013
- “Empire State Gun Owners Sue to Restore Gun Rights,” Human Events, April 21, 2013
- Versions of this story appeared in publications that include the Houston Chronicle and the Corning Leader.
In addition, Brian spoke recently to well-known political analyst Fred Dicker on his radio show: Fred Dicker Live From the State Capitol (segment begins at 29:20), Talk 1300 AM, on April 3, 2013 and on April 15, 2013. He also was quoted in “NY Gun Law Challenge to Feature Fight Over Ammo Monopoly,” Law360, March 25, 2013, and in “Are Court Challenges to NY’s Tough Gun Law DOA?” North Country Public Radio, March 7, 2013.