Founded by litigators. In 2001, Goldberg Segalla was founded as a modern, refreshing alternative to the typical law firm. Today, we are proud to serve as trial counsel for a number of Fortune 100 companies and to continue building an ongoing history of success. Of course, we also care for our communities and support numerous efforts to enhance the diversity and quality of life in the areas in which we work and live. We invite you to read more about Goldberg Segalla here, or contact us at any time if you have specific questions about our firm.
MESSAGE FROM THE MANAGING PARTNER
I have been Goldberg Segalla’s managing partner since its inception in 2001. I have the privilege of working with some of the most dynamic attorneys, clients and professionals in the business, most of whom have distinguished themselves among their peers.
We’re excellent lawyers — even better human beings
The culture here is unlike those firms who have been practicing for decades. We place a great emphasis on team collaboration and that includes our clients. Instead of a board of directors, we administer the firm through a facilitation committee. There is tremendous energy, forward momentum and progression here. As we grow, we hire people who are not only brilliant lawyers, but who are energized by our culture, have strong ethics and integrity, and share our vision. Since the day we opened our doors, we have strived to build our community with people who were excellent at what they do, and even better human beings. I am extremely proud of our people, and as you read through our website, you’ll understand why.
Thank you and welcome to GoldbergSegalla.com.
FAST FACTS ABOUT GOLDBERG SEGALLA
- Goldberg Segalla was founded in 2001 and is now more than 200 lawyers strong, with offices in New York (New York, Garden City, White Plains, Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Rochester), Illinois (Chicago), New Jersey (Princeton), Pennsylvania (Philadelphia), Connecticut (Hartford), and the United Kingdom (London).
- Goldberg Segalla attorneys handle all forms of dispute resolution and provide proactive counsel to help minimize and manage risk in a broad array of areas, including insurance coverage and reinsurance, professional liability, catastrophic personal injury, product liability, fire and arson, drug and medical device, consumer fraud and class action defense, complex commercial and business litigation, intellectual property, labor and employment, toxic tort and environmental, construction, trucking and transportation, and municipal liability. Click here for a full listing of our practice groups.
- We have litigated cases in 49 states, the District of Columbia, and three Canadian provinces.
- We have tried cases in 32 states and the District of Columbia.
- We have acted for clients in disputes in 10 countries in Europe, Asia, and South America.
- More than 20 different attorneys have tried at least 40 cases.
- Nearly 30 of our lawyers have held judicial, appellate, or legislative clerkships.
- Our attorneys have developed relationships with an extensive network of national and international experts in the many fields of endeavor that are frequently the subjects of the wide range of litigation we handle.
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS AND RECOGNITIONS
- We have been named numerous times by clients among the nation’s top 500 companies as a Go-To Law Firm in areas including Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Contracts Litigation, Patent Prosecution, and Torts Litigation.
- Our remarkable, completely organic growth has led us in just 13 years to be ranked on The National Law Journal’s NLJ 350 list of the largest law firms in the United States. Based on our growth in 2012 and 2013, we are among the fastest-growing law firms in the country. In 2010, we were one of only 20 firms in the United States to be included in The National Law Journal’s Midsize Hot List.
- In the 2014 U.S. News – Best Lawyers 2014 “Best Law Firms” survey, we earned 10 metropolitan rankings spanning four offices and seven practice areas: Commercial Litigation, Employment Law (Management), Insurance Law, Labor Law (Management), Legal Malpractice Law (Defendants), Personal Injury Litigation (Defendants), and Product Liability Litigation (Defendants).
- Goldberg Segalla was named Law Firm of the Year by Reactions, one of the most prominent publications serving the global insurance and reinsurance industry, in its 2014 London Market Awards.
- The international Lawyer Monthly named Goldberg Segalla the USA Insurance Law Firm of the Year in its 2014 Legal Awards. Two members of the firm’s Global Insurance Services team took top individual honors on either side of the Atlantic, earning the Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyer of the Year titles in both the United States and the United Kingdom.
- For the past two years, Goldberg Segalla was a finalist for the Best Law Firm distinction in Intelligent Insurer’s Global Awards. The continued high placement emphasizes our firm’s stature in the insurance and reinsurance community alongside the world’s largest and longest-established law firms serving it. Of the top-four finalists in 2013 and 2014, Goldberg Segalla was the only firm less than 95 years old and with fewer than 475 lawyers.
- We also rank “Highly Commended” in the “U.S.—Overall Leaders” category in Intelligent Insurer’s 2013 Legal Elite. Only two firms placed higher in this category.
- We were ranked sixth in the world by Reinsurance magazine on its 2010 Power List.
- Our Insurance and Reinsurance Report blog was named by Lexis Nexis as one of the top 50 insurance blogs in the world each time the list has been published.
- Goldberg Segalla’s continual placement atop regional and statewide employer rankings highlights the impact of our Best Practices philosophy and collaborative culture. For the past two years, we have been the only law firm ranked among the 20 Best Companies to Work for in New York State by the New York State Society of Human Resource Management and in both years we were also named The Best Place to Work among all large employers in Western New York by Business First. We also rank among the top 15 large employers in the NJ Biz Best Places to Work in New Jersey.
- In recognition of our leadership in promoting diversity in the legal profession and the wider business community, we received a George B. Vashon Innovator Award from the Minority Corporate Counsel Association, a Diversity Trailblazer Award from the New York State Bar Association, a Community Service Award from the Defense Research Institute, and a Diversity Excellence Award from the Buffalo Niagara Human Resource Association.
- Goldberg Segalla attorneys have been elected to national and regional leadership positions in several of the most prominent legal and professional organizations shaping the industry today — including, to name a few: the Defense Research Institute, USLAW, the International Association of Defense Counsel, the International Claim Association, the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, the Federation of Regulatory Counsel, Lawyers for Civil Justice, the CPCU Society, the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, and others.
- More than 100 of our attorneys have been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers and as Rising Stars, and over 25 have been listed in Who’s Who in Law, Who’s Who in American Law, the international Who’s Who Legal, or Who’s Who in America.
- Eigthteen of our attorneys are listed in Best Lawyers in America.
- Eleven of our attorneys were named as 40 Under Forty honorees.
For more information, please visit our Achievements archive.