Goldberg Segalla’s Reinsurance Review provides timely summaries of and access to the latest reinsurance law developments worldwide, and is distributed monthly via email.
In this month’s edition:
- Untimely Notice Precludes Coverage Under Facultative Certificate
- Tax Court Declines to Examine Retroactive Applicability of NAIC Accounting Guideline for Reserve Calculations
- Parties Ordered to Arbitrate Contract Claims; Related Tort Claims Not Arbitrable
- Parties’ Performance of Contract Defeats Claims for Breach of Agency Agreement Relating to Procurement of Reinsurance
- Whether Reinsurance Intermediary Entitled to Annual Fee After Reinsured Changed Brokers Mid-Year is a Matter for Trial
- Retrocessionaire Loses Untimely Claim Submission Defense in Breach of Retrocessional Agreement Dispute
- Reinsurer/Cedant Trust Agreement Does Not Create Fiduciary Duty; Ambiguity in Contractual Language Preserves Calculation of Contingency Commission Issue for Trial
- Featured Article: Overdue U.S. Federal Insurance Office Report on Reinsurance Industry Expected to Address Critical Issues
Click here to downloand Reinsurance Review October 2012.
Click here to download the FRENCH edition of Reinsurance Review October 2012