Amanda E. McKinlay
Amanda E. McKinlay is an accomplished litigator and mediator who focuses her practice on defending clients in high-exposure personal injury and professional malpractice claims as well as construction-site accidents and defects matters. With particularly deep experience in the realm of construction litigation, Amanda has represented contractors, manufacturers, and engineers in individual and multi-party claims involving alleged construction defects, premises liability, breach of contract, and complex business disputes. She also defends clients in a variety of industries—including property owners, developers, and general contractors—in a wide range of claims involving New York State Labor Law.
Adept at drafting and securing settlements, releases, and contracts favorable to her clients, Amanda works to ensure that every legal action makes sound business sense and is aligned with her clients’ broader operational needs and strategic goals.
She also has experience analyzing insurance claims, policy languages, and coverage issues and representing insurers in first- and third-party coverage disputes, including bad faith actions, in state and federal court.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Served as associate editor of the Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law
- Served as judicial intern to the Hon. Dennis M. Cavanaugh, of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Served after graduating as law clerk to the Hon. Robert L. Polifroni, of the Superior Court of New Jersey
- University of Maryland, B.S., 2008
Publications & Events
- “Defending COVID-19 Negligence Claims” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, May 21, 2020