Anthony S. De Ingeniis
Anthony De Ingeniis defends a wide variety of businesses and professionals in general liability, construction, premises liability, trucking, and product liability litigation in state and federal courts throughout New York. He also counsels and represents clients in matters involving intellectual property and cannabis law.
Anthony has successfully defended numerous corporations in general liability, construction litigation, and premises liability matters. His clients include general contractors, construction managers, owners, property management companies, municipalities, and major national businesses, including restaurant franchises, pharmacies, and high-end retail brands. In addition, Anthony has significant experience in defending professionals, including architects and engineers, lawyers, and health care professionals, as well as specialty hospitals and health care facilities. His experience also includes the defense of a complex matter involving freedom of speech and defamation claims against an attorney and a school board.
Anthony has assisted with and managed the defense of doctors and hospitals in medical malpractice matters, drawing on a bachelor’s degree in Biology (with a concentration in Neuroscience) and a master’s in Teaching Biology to craft defenses rooted in sound science and to translate sophisticated medical and technical concepts to courts and juries.
Honors & Awards
New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Stony Brook University, M.A. in Teaching Biology, 2011
- Stony Brook University, B.S. in Biology, with a concentration in Neuroscience; and in Italian Language, Literature, and Culture, 2010
- Nassau Suffolk Trial Lawyers’ Association
- U.S. Tennis Association 9.0 Mixed and Men’s Tennis
Publications & Events
- “Massachusetts Reinforces Support for the Medical Necessity Model,” Cannabis Business Times, March 26, 2020
- “How Each Coast is Treating the Cannabis Industry During the COVID-19 Outbreak,” Cannabis Business Times, March 23, 2020
- Discusses Marijuana Legalization on Manhattan Neighborhood Network, March 15, 2020
March 27, 2020
March 18, 2020
April 16, 2018