Arlow M. Linton
Arlow M. Linton is a partner in the firm’s Buffalo office, where he concentrates his practice on general liability matters, successfully defending clients involved in a variety of matters, including Labor Law, premises liability, motor vehicle accident, medical and nursing home malpractice, and toxic tort claims. Arlow also focuses on commercial business and other contractual disputes. Arlow has successfully defended both self-insured and insured clients through all phases of litigation, mediation, and arbitration.
Arlow’s focus on client goals and communication have allowed him to represent and advise a diverse set of clients, ranging from local restaurants, retail stores, and construction companies to a publically traded real estate conglomerate and a professional sports franchise. His successes include a successful 2018 motion for directed verdict, in which he obtained a dismissal on behalf of our client, one of the nation’s largest water-treatment companies, from eight years of litigation involving hydraulic fracturing operations in New York.
Honors & Awards
Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2014–19
Walter E. Oberer Award, Michigan State University College of Law
- New York
- Michigan State University College of Law, cum laude, J.D., 2009
- Arlow participated in the Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute and was awarded the Walter E. Oberer Award for trial-advocacy skills.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, cum laude, B.S., 2005
- Arlow earned a Bachelor of Science degree in geological sciences.
Training and Certifications
- Department of Labor OSHA 10-Hour Construction Training
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Defenders Association
- Executive Committee; Secretary of the Board of Directors for Young Audiences of Western New York
Publications & Events
- “Non-Traditional Asbestos Litigation: New Products and Industries in the Crosshairs,” (Co-Author), Mealey’s Litigation Report: Asbestos, November 19, 2014
- “Pennsylvania Supreme Court Rejects ‘Any Exposure’ Expert Opinion,” (Co-Author) Chartis Legal Insights, Fall 2012
August 13, 2019
December 18, 2018
August 13, 2018