Bradley R. Ryba
Bradley R. Ryba focuses his practice on the counsel and defense of insurance coverage matters involving commercial general liability, commercial automobiles and trucking, and commercial property policies. His experience includes drafting coverage opinions for clients and coverage correspondence on behalf of clients. He represents clients in state and federal courts, and drafts litigation documents, including pleadings, discovery, and motions.
Bradley brings to his practice valuable behind-the-bench insights and experience in judicial decision-making processes. He spent two years as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Diane L. Larsen in the Circuit Court of Cook County, performing extensive review and analysis and providing written and oral ruling recommendations. He also gained experience in externships with the Hon. David B. Atkins and the Hon. Patrick Foran Lustig, also of the Circuit Court of Cook County.
As a law student, Bradley served as a law clerk in the Illinois Attorney General’s Office Special Litigation Bureau, where he gained experience in e-discovery and helped to draft settlements as well as legislation. Prior to law school, he completed an internship with Special Investigations in the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office.
- Co-Author, “Emerging Insurance Coverage Issues Involving Opioid Litigation,” Westlaw Journal Insurance Coverage, April 13, 2018
- Co-Author, “Will You Dance With Me?: An Insurer’s Duty to Initiate Settlement Negotiations,” DRI’s The Voice, April 11, 2018
- “iHeartgeo-Fencing?: The Section 114 Exemption That Illustrates Why Full Sound Recording Rights Are the Sine Qua Non For a Vibrant Music Industry,” Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review, 2016
- “Aerevolution: Why We Should, Briefly, Embrace Unlicensed Online Streaming of Retransmitted Broadcast Television Content,” John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law, 2014
Honors & Awards
GRAMMY Foundation Entertainment Law Initiative Writing Competition Finalist, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law: Staff Editor
- Western Illinois University, B.A. and B.S., cum laude, 2012
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
September 9, 2019
April 10, 2019
April 13, 2018
April 11, 2018
May 5, 2009