Brian D. Equi
Brian D. Equi is an experienced and versatile litigator and trial lawyer who has tried cases from Miami to the Georgia border and places in between. He devotes a substantial portion of his practice to defending commercial vehicle accidents, claims related to construction accidents, and product liability lawsuits.
Brian’s understanding of the nuances of vehicular accidents was developed through more than a decade of representing automotive manufacturers in product liability matters, a national chain of automotive and fleet vehicle service centers, and a large Florida-based resort and hospitality enterprise in their accident claims involving buses and other vehicles operating at the resort. His early career experience defending against allegations of medical negligence and his general interest in medical matters has made him particularly effective in addressing damages and causation issues which arise in both minor and catastrophic cases.
- Brian regularly handles CMV cases for a large, Florida-based infrastructure company with more than 10,000 fleet vehicles. In that capacity, he coordinates rapid responses for vehicular accidents throughout the United States.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1998
- Dean’s Fellow, 1997-98
- Mock Trial
- Jessup Moot Court
- Temple University, B.A, cum laude, 1992
- Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association