Christina M. Verone Juliano
Christina M. Verone Juliano is an experienced litigator and trial attorney who represents a wide range of clients in civil matters including commercial disputes, asbestos and toxic tort litigation, environmental litigation, employment litigation, product liability, personal injury and general insurance defense, medical malpractice, and management and professional liability matters. She has represented regional and national insurance carriers in coverage matters ranging from wrongful death claims, personal and premises security claims, and subrogation.
Christina is known for her commitment to guiding each client from the inception of a complex claim through completion, establishing a thorough understanding of the client’s business goals and risk tolerance, and developing a strategic plan that leads to a favorable outcome. As such, she is often sought out to act as local counsel on large, complex or multi-district litigation matters.
Christina has also developed a particular specialty in representing dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, and their practices in professional liability and malpractice cases. She also helps her clients establish professional dental corporations by drafting partner and shareholder agreements, negotiating sales agreements, reviewing dental office leases, and counseling on employment law and compliance matters.
- Defended several dental practitioners in large, multi-district litigation involving almost 100 claimants alleging violations of New York General Business Law, fraud, and dental malpractice. Participated in more than 50 depositions across the country, and co-chaired trial in Onondaga County resulting in a defense verdict.
- Obtained defense jury verdict for a dental clinic and its oral surgeon for alleged malpractice in failure to diagnose for sinus communication of a foreign body after years of misdiagnosis.
- Defended plastic surgeon and his office in employment discrimination matter, resulting in dismissal of all allegations.
- Successfully represented medical and dental practitioners before the New York State Office of Professional Medical Conduct and New York State Office of Professional Discipline.
- Assisted in the prosecution of an action on behalf of a regional hospital for breach of contract and declaratory judgment regarding the interpretation of contract provisions governing the reimbursement rate due the hospital for services rendered to patients, resulting in additional revenues to the hospital in excess of $9 million.
- Served as assistant trial counsel, prepared motions in limine, bench briefs, and proposed jury charges, obtaining a favorable jury verdict for an oral surgeon relating to dental malpractice issues.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an oral surgeon in a dental malpractice case arising from an issue of extracting the wrong tooth under the doctrine of res ipsa loquitor; decision was upheld by the Appellate Division Fourth Department.
Honors & Awards
Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016-18 (Thomson Reuters)
Associate Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- New York
- U.S. District for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Cardozo Journal of International and Comparative Law: Associate Editor
- Cardozo Intellectual Property Law: Co-Chair
- Cardozo Fellow, Clerkship with the Hon. Anthony J. Paris, J.S.C., Onondaga County
- Alexander Fellow, Clerkship with the Hon. Susan D. Wigenton, U.S.D.J., District of New Jersey
- St. John Fisher College, B.A., summa cum laude, 2004
- Christina Verone Pre-Law Advocacy Award Recipient
- National Dean’s List Award Recipient
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Litigation Counsel of America
- New York State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Executive Committee
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- National Association of Professional Women
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- ALS Association
- Board of Trustees
- Operations Committee: Past Chair
- Syracuse Walk to Defeat ALS: Past Chair
- Believe in Syracuse, Pro-Syracuse Committee
- St. John Fisher: Alumni Board of Directors
- St. John Fisher, Justinian Order
Publications & Events
- “Alternative Dispute Resolution for the Automobile Case—Mediation, Arbitration, and Summary Jury Trials,” (Presenter), New York State Bar Association Automobile Litigation Update, June 2015