Christopher A. Clark
Christopher A. Clark is an experienced litigator who focuses on defending municipalities and other public entities in matters involving civil rights, employment discrimination, premises liability, and personal injury. Chris has counseled clients in both state and federal courts through all aspects of litigation, including depositions, settlements, arbitrations, mediations, and trials.
During law school, Chris was an intern with the Office of the State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Fairfield and the U.S. District Court of Connecticut.
- Chris is a trusted counselor to municipalities and public entities throughout Connecticut. He has drafted and argued numerous successful motions for summary judgment, motions to strike, and motions to dismiss in state and federal court, obtaining defense judgments before trial and saving his clients tens of thousands of dollars on litigation costs. His experience includes securing jury defense verdicts and negotiating favorable settlements in municipal liability, personal injury, employment, and civil rights cases. Representative matters include:
- Secured a full defense verdict as second chair defending a municipality against a flooding claim in a state court jury trial
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of a municipality in a potentially multimillion-dollar case arising from a fatal automobile and train collision
- Defended numerous municipalities and employers before the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities in employment and public accommodations cases
- U.S. District Court for Connecticut
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Trinity College, B.A., 2010
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association