Christopher B. Bladel
Christopher B. Bladel counsels and defends product manufacturers, retail sellers, technology companies, and property owners in complex commercial litigation and product liability matters. He has litigated high-value product liability claims and has extensive experience defending insurers and third-party administrators in life, health, and long-term disability claims. His broad experience with complex civil litigation includes handling employment, personal injury, mass tort, and other commercial matters. In addition, he has handled complex commercial foreclosure actions and represented insurers in matters involving insurance fraud and rescission of a variety of personal and business insurance policies.
Before joining private practice, Chris served as a law clerk to the Hon. Harriet Derman in the Superior Court of New Jersey in the Chancery Division.
- Obtained summary judgment for a boiler manufacturer in Rockland County, New York, by using public records and historical data to demonstrate the client never manufactured any boilers installed at the site in question
- Obtained full repayment of loan plus attorneys’ fees and costs on behalf of former property owners who retained a mortgage on the property as part of the sale of the premises
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers Law School, Newark, J.D., 2006
- Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal: Managing Articles Editor
- Moot Court Board, Nathan Baker Mock Trial Competition: Co-Champion, 2004
- National Trial Competition: Philadelphia Regional Semi-finalist
- Rutgers University, B.A., 2003
Publications & Events
- “Interpleader is Appropriate Where Plan Administrator Faces a Question of Law That Creates a Risk of Multiple Liability,” Life Insurance Law Committee News, Fall/Winter 2007