Daniel J. Cercone counsels and defends clients in the retail and hospitality industries on a variety of litigated matters, including premises liability, general liability, employment and labor, and other claims. He handles all aspects of claims handling and litigation, preparing cases for filing, conducting depositions, drafting pleadings, motions and briefs, and participating in trials, arbitrations, and mediations. Dan draws on experience in insurance defense, handling motor vehicle, premises liability, and Labor Law matters as well as arbitration and subrogation.
While attending law school, Dan gained experience as a student clinician in the MSU Indian Law Clinic, preparing memoranda and briefs on behalf of tribal communities, attorneys and judges across the nation regarding the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, the Indian Child Welfare Act, and more. He also served as a law clerk in insurance coverage and defense, commercial law, premises liability, and Labor Law.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2018
- Syracuse University, B.A. magna cum laude, 2015
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute, Alumni Association Board