Daniel Mee is an experienced litigator who focuses his practice on product liability defense and class action defense. He has represented clients in all stages of litigation in state and federal courts. His clients have ranged from international companies to individuals targeted by government investigations. Dan has handled a wide range of cases, including intellectual property matters, labor and employment disputes, white-collar criminal defense, False Claims Act litigation, and other complex litigation matters. He is also well-versed in the complex field of data privacy.
Dan has represented businesses and individuals in appeals to the New Jersey Supreme Court, various federal circuit courts, and to the United States Supreme Court.
Dan defended a large construction company in a tort dispute brought by a major utility concerning the design of a building that collapsed on September 11, 2001.
Goldberg Segalla’s Intellectual Property Practice Group protects the ideas, innovations, inventions, imagery, and creative compositions that propel successful business ventures and create strong brands. Dan’s work in this area includes:
- Defending and advising clients during criminal proceeding, and during investigations by United States Attorney’s Office and federal agencies in connection with allegations of off-label marketing, securities fraud, and tax evasion
- Handling litigation involving antitrust violations and trademark infringement for an international consumer products company in connection with the marketing and sale of popular insoles and footwear inserts
Dan obtained a favorable settlement for a family of investors in a bankruptcy claw-back action in connection with a massive Ponzi scheme.
Our attorneys have successfully defended Fortune 500 companies in national and state-wide class actions, employing creative strategies to win early dismissal or claims and to defeat class certification on motion. Dan’s successes include the following:
- Represented a subprime lender in an insurance dispute arising from a mortgage-fraud scheme involving numerous criminal defendants
- Defended and advised clients during criminal proceeding, and during investigations by United States Attorney’s Office and federal agencies in connection with allegations of off-label marketing, securities fraud, and tax evasion
- Represented clients in class actions involving the Truth in Lending Act, securities and antitrust claims, and involving consumer products
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2005
- Administrative Editor of the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- Member of the Georgetown Innocence Project and the International Law Society
- Law clerk in the Office of the General Counsel of the U.S. Sentencing Commission
- College of William and Mary, B.A., 2000
- American Bar Association: Section of Science and Technology, Internet of Things Committee
- International Association of Privacy Professionals: Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- Board of Trustees, Oceanic Free Library Association, Rumson, NJ
Training and Certifications
- Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals
Publications & Events
- Presenter, “Always Connected, Vulnerable: The Internet of Things,” Cybersecurity Law Institute, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.