Danielle S. Engel
Danielle Engel focuses her practice on workers’ compensation defense. She has extensive experience handling hearings before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board; drafting and submitting appeals, rebuttals, and memoranda of law; deposing medical professionals and claimants; and reviewing files for potential settlement.
While earning her law degree at American University’s Washington College of Law, Danielle was a student attorney in the school’s D.C. Law Students in Court clinical program, handling landlord & tenant, small claims, and other civil matters, and appearing on behalf of clients in D.C. Superior Court on the Housing Conditions calendar. She also served as a legal intern in the Federal Bureau of Prisons’ Legislative and Correctional Issues branch. There, she researched and wrote on matters involving inmates’ rights, the statutory obligations of the Bureau of Prisons, and various legislative issues affecting both inmates and Bureau staff.
Honors & Awards
Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017-22
- New York
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2012
- Boston College, B.S., 2009
- American Bar Association
Publications & Events
- “Update on New Medical Treatment Guidelines for Ankle/Foot, Hand/Wrist/Forearm, and CRPS,” (Co-Presenter) GS Webinar Series,” May 18, 2022
- “Staying OnBoard: What You Need to Know About the New Phases of OnBoard Limited Release,” GS Webinar Series, May 3, 2022
- “Getting ‘OnBoard’—An Introduction to the New Procedures and Processes in NY’s OnBoard: Limited Release,” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, March 16, 2022
Presenter, “Recent Changes in Prescription Medication Rules,” The Organization of Public Employer Negotiators, March 19, 2015
February 7, 2022
August 13, 2019