David J. Coppola
David J. Coppola focuses his practice on representing clients in a broad range of general liability and employment law matters, and is involved in all aspects of the claims-handling process, from inception through trial and appeal, including mediation.
As a law student, David externed with the City of South Bend’s Legal Department, interned with the Office of the New Jersey Attorney General, and volunteered with Legal Services of New Jersey’s Hurricane Sandy Legal Assistance project. Following law school, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Donna M. Taylor in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic/Cape May Vicinage. As an undergraduate at Villanova University, David interned with the Honorable Stephanie M. Wauters in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Ocean Vicinage.
Successfully defended a national hotel chain through aggressive motion practice, resulting in an early dismissal with prejudice of the plaintiff’s claims. The plaintiff brought suit for alleged injuries suffered in a slip-and-fall but failed to meet Goldberg Segalla’s thorough discovery demands.
Through cost-efficient motion practice, prevailed in trial court and obtained a dismissal with prejudice for a Fortune 500 national financial services company. The plaintiff brought suit for the recovery of property but failed to counter Goldberg Segalla’s aggressive and thorough discovery requests.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2017
- Notre Dame Journal of International and Comparative Law: Senior Articles Editor
- Notre Dame Clinical Law Center, Community Development Clinic: Certified Legal Intern
- Villanova University, B.A., Political Science and English, 2013
- Villanova Television: Director of Marketing
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Notre Dame Club of the Jersey Shore
- Legal Services of New Jersey
- Hurricane Sandy Legal Assistance Project, 2015
- Hurricane Sandy Relief Fundraiser: Founder and Organizer, 2012–13
Publications & Events
June 4, 2020
January 7, 2020
August 28, 2019