Donald R. Richardson
Donald R. Richardson counsels and represents a wide range of clients in the retail and hospitality industry. He has handled a variety of liability claims, including those alleging personal injury, premises liability, negligence, and other claims. Before joining Goldberg Segalla, Don served for 16 years as an assistant state attorney in Florida’s 19th Judicial Circuit, where he was assigned to a misdemeanor division, a felony division, and the major crimes division. During his time at the State Attorney’s Office, he tried more than 100 jury trials, including 12 homicide cases and one death penalty case.
In addition to his time as an assistant state attorney, Don litigated insurance defense cases involving auto accidents, negligence, and general liability for a private law practice.
- West Virginia University College of Law, J.D., 2004
- West Virginia Law Review: Associate Editor
- Marshall University, B.A., 2000
- The Florida Bar
Publications & Events
- “Want Fries with That? A Critical Analysis of Fast Food Litigation,” West Virginia University Law Review, January 2005
- “Pro se Defendants and Standby Counsel,” Annual Conference of the Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association (FPAA), July 2019