Elizabeth Athenas concentrates her practice on defending product manufacturers and property owners in toxic tort litigation spanning a variety of alleged exposures, including asbestos, talc, and others. Her practice also includes defending various clients’ patents from current infringements. Liz has represented companies in the retail and hospitality industries on civil litigation matters, appearing in state and federal courts. She draws on years of experience representing clients in the construction industry in matters relating to commercial surety, financial institution, and construction bonds, and in disputes with general contractors, owners, and subcontractors.
During law school, Liz gained experience as a student clinician with the Veterans’ and Service Members’ Rights Clinic at the Touro Law Center, and served as an extern with the New York State Attorney General’s Office.
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of New York
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D., 2012
- International Law Review Journal, 2011-12
- Southern New Hampshire University, M.A., 2021
- College of Mount Saint Vincent, B.A., 2009
- New York State Bar Association
- College of Mount Saint Vincent
- Business Law Professor, 2017 to present
- History Professor, 2021