Elizabeth Athenas concentrates her practice on counseling and defending a broad range of clients in the retail and hospitality industries. She has handled matters of employment and labor, insurance, and product liability, as well as contract and engineering disputes, appearing in state and federal courts. Liz draws on years of experience representing clients in the construction industry in matters relating to commercial surety, financial institution, and construction bonds, and in disputes with general contractors, owners, and subcontractors.
During law school, Liz gained experience as a student clinician with the Veterans’ and Service Members’ Rights Clinic at the Touro Law Center, and served as an extern with the New York State Attorney General’s Office.
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of New York
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D., 2012
- International Law Review Journal, 2011-12
- Southern New Hampshire University, M.A., 2021
- College of Mount Saint Vincent, B.A., 2009
- New York State Bar Association
- College of Mount Saint Vincent
- Business Law Professor, 2017 to present
- History Professor, 2021