Francis E. Pierce IV
Francis E. Pierce IV is a commercial litigator. In addition to litigating complex, high-exposure construction matters, Frank’s experience includes defending complex product liability actions, premises liability actions, and medical malpractice claims brought against physicians and hospitals. He also litigates matters for insurers and handles actions involving state and federal environmental regulations and legislation.
Frank regularly handles commercial-vehicle accident cases for a large, nationwide infrastructure company that has various sizes and types of truck, fleet, and commercial vehicles. He coordinates rapid responses for vehicular accidents throughout the United States and works with clients to effectively mitigate potential cost and productivity impacts.
He also counsels clients on environmental regulations that could impact their businesses, including monitoring and reporting on substance releases into state waters.
While attending law school, he was Intern with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, working on Freedom of Information Act requests and preparing an administrative record for the modification of commercial black and gag-grouper catch limits
Honors & Awards
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
Admitted to Practice
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors, 2010
- Certificate in environmental and land-use law; membership in Environmental and Land Use Society
- University of Florida, B.A., 2007
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Publications & Events
- “Additional Insureds, Contractual Indemnity, and Effective Tenders” Co-Presenter, FDLA Liability Claims Conference, Orlando, FL, June 5, 2019
- Presenter, “Corporate Representative Depositions: Deposing Non-Humans,” Florida Defense Lawyers Association Advanced Litigation Boot Camp, Orlando, FL, November 10, 2017
- Presenter, “Motions to Dismiss for Fraud,” Florida Liability Claims Conference,” June 9, 2016