Ian J. Guthoff
Ian J. Guthoff concentrates his practice on defending individuals, corporations, and public entities in toxic tort and environmental litigation. Ian draws on a background as a senior court attorney with the New York Supreme Court and as an assistant law clerk to the Hon. Mary H. Smith in the New York State Supreme Court for the Ninth Judicial District. He also gained experience as a regulatory affairs associate at BlueRock Energy, where he evaluated and interpreted local, state, and federal energy regulations, and as an intern with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, where he focused on water contamination and concentrated animal feeding operations.
Before entering the legal field, Ian participated in several environmental conservation projections, including The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources Deer Island Restoration Project, the Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, and individual conservation projects in five national parks. During law school, he also served as a student liaison to the American Bar Association’s Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources.
- New York
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 2017
- Syracuse Journal of International Law and Commerce: Form and Accuracy Editor
- SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, M.A. in Professional Studies, Forestry and Natural Resource Management, 2017
- Cornell University, Certificate in Financial Management, 2015
- University of Delaware, B.A. with distinction, 2014
- Downtown Independent Democrats Judicial Task Force
- Judicial Vetting Committee