Ivette Reyes concentrates her practice on trucking, transportation, and general liability matters. Before joining Goldberg Segalla, Ivette spent more than four years as assistant district attorney in the Kings County District Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn, where she managed a high volume of felony cases from the pre-arrest stage through trial and conducted multiple hearings before judges and presentations to grand juries.
While attending law school, Ivette participated in a special program studying international human rights at the University at Oxford, studying advocacy and dissemination skills as well as human rights law. As an undergraduate, she took part in the Ronald H. Brown law school prep program and served in internships with the New Jersey Institute for Social Justice and in the New York State Supreme Court.
- New York
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2017
- George Washington University/University of Oxford International Human Rights Scholar
- Outstanding Pro Bono Service Achievement Award, 2017
- Hispanic Law Students Association: Academic Chair, 2015-16
- Black Law Students Association, 2014-17
- Mentor, 2015-16
- St. John’s University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2014
- Silver Certificate of Achievement in Legal Studies
- Ronald H. Brown Law School Prep Program
- St. John’s Mock Trial Team
- American Bar Association
- Dominican Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association of D.C.
- AIDS Law Project, Gulf Recovery Network Volunteer, 2014
- George Washington Street Law, YSC Volunteer, 2014
- Civil Legal Advice Resource Office (CLARO), 2013
- Colegio Nuestra Señora de la Mercedes: Volunteer English Teacher, 2012
- Caritas Soup Kitchen, 2012