Jacqueline K. Siegel
Jacqueline K. Siegel counsels and represents clients in all aspects of employment litigation, including but not limited to, discrimination, harassment, and wage-and-hour claims before federal and state courts and administrative agencies. She has significant experience providing clients with advice to mitigate risk to their business; investigating complaints of discrimination and harassment; and conducting comprehensive audits pertaining to employment practices on behalf of corporations.
Prior to joining Goldberg Segalla, Jacqui worked in-house as general counsel, vice president of employee relations for a large mental health corporation. She served as the sole executive responsible for legal affairs―providing sound advice and counsel on matters such as ADA compliance, investigation procedures, compensation, discrimination and harassment, leaves, hiring, disciplinary, and termination practices.
Jacqui serves on the Board of Directors for Trauma and Resiliency Resources, Inc. (TRR). TRR is a nonprofit charity organization located in New York City, dedicated to assisting military veterans and first responders challenged by service-related traumatic experiences, with an overall mission to end military and first responder suicides. During law school, Jacqui was also a clerk with The City of New York Office of Labor Relations and the National Football League.
- Jacqueline has successfully defended employers in all areas of individual and class action commercial, employment, and labor litigation. Her wide range of experience includes claims brought pursuant to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and National Labor Relations Act, as well as non-compete and breach of contract claims. Jacqueline also has experience in employment litigation before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights.
Honors & Awards
- Who’s Who in Employment & Labor Law, Long Island Business News, 2016
- New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal, Associate Editor
- Albright College, B.A., 2007
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Trauma and Resiliency Resources, Inc.
- Board of Directors
Publications & Events
- “New York City Settles Employment Discrimination Case for $98 Million,” ABA Committee News, TIPS Employment Law & Litigation Newsletter, 2014
- “Second Circuit Upholds Employer’s Ability To Curtail Employee Class Action Law Suits,” ABA Committee News, TIPS Employment Law & Litigation Newsletter, 2014
- Contributor, “Title VII Cases Before the Supreme Court Regarding LGBTQ Discrimination,” Timely Notice, March 3, 2020
- “Emerging Employment Issues for Health Care Institutions” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, July 23, 2020
- “Legal Considerations and Risks: Working from Home to Reopening Businesses” (Co-Presenter), Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP), June 25, 2020
April 1, 2020
December 17, 2019
August 12, 2019