Jacqueline K. Siegel
Jacqueline K. Siegel counsels and represents clients in all aspects of employment litigation, including but not limited to, discrimination, harassment, and wage-and-hour claims before federal and state courts. She also has significant experience providing clients with legal advice to mitigate risk to their business.
Prior to joining Goldberg Segalla, Jacqui worked in-house as general counsel, vice president of a large mental health corporation. She served as the sole executive responsible for legal affairs―providing sound advice and counsel on matters such as ADA compliance, compensation, discrimination and harassment, leaves, hiring, disciplinary, and termination practices.
During law school, Jacqui was a clerk with The City of New York Office of Labor Relations and the National Football League.
- Jacqueline has successfully defended employers in all areas of individual and class action commercial, employment, and labor litigation. Her wide range of experience includes claims brought pursuant to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and National Labor Relations Act, as well as non-compete and breach of contract claims. Jacqueline also has experience in employment litigation before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights.
Honors & Awards
- Who’s Who in Employment & Labor Law, Long Island Business News, 2016
- New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal, Associate Editor
- Albright College, B.A., 2007
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Publications & Events
- “New York City Settles Employment Discrimination Case for $98 Million,” ABA Committee News, TIPS Employment Law & Litigation Newsletter, 2014
- “Second Circuit Upholds Employer’s Ability To Curtail Employee Class Action Law Suits,” ABA Committee News, TIPS Employment Law & Litigation Newsletter, 2014