James V. Durgana
James V. Durgana is an experienced workers’ compensation litigator who defends clients before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board in a broad array of matters. James’s extensive workers’ compensation background includes working in-house at one of the country’ largest insurance companies, where he defended work-related claims, created and executed its workers’ compensation litigation strategy, and successfully resolved matters. He has also litigated personal injury matters in the state and federal courts of New York and New Jersey and before juries and arbitrators on issues of liability and damages.
James’ previous experience includes several internships and clerkships. He also served as a judicial extern with the Hon. Petrese B. Tucker in Philadelphia and was a student representative at the Clinic for Asylum, Refugee and Emigrant Services (CARES). There, he submitted brief and supporting affidavits to successfully support asylum-seeker testimony.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Dorothy Day Award for pro bono legal services
- Boston College, B.A., 2004
Training and Certifications
- Department of Labor OSHA-30 Training
Publications & Events
- Presenter, “WCL 56: When the GC is Left Holding the Bag,” GS Workers’ Compensation Webinar, September 19, 2018
December 20, 2018
December 18, 2018