Jared T. Greisman
Jared T. Greisman focuses his practice on counseling insurers and handling litigation and arbitration of first-party property and commercial losses, particularly in the wake of natural disasters. Jared handles many aspects of civil litigation, including insurance coverage and subrogation, as well as litigating matters involving business disputes for hedge fund advisors, collateral managers, and partnerships. His extensive experience also includes representing clients in matters regarding torts, construction defects, and faulty products and equipment. Jared has appeared in numerous state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels throughout the United States on behalf of domestic and foreign insurers and businesses.
A highly regarded authority within the insurance industry, Jared regularly speaks at continuing legal education programs (CLEs) as well as at court-sponsored seminars. He is routinely quoted in law industry journals such as the New York Law Journal, Law360, and the National Law Journal.
- Counseled national insurance company on insurance coverage, claim adjustment, and contract interpretation on numerous first-party property and commercial losses following Hurricanes Matthew, Irma, Harvey, Florence, and Michael.
- Counseled national insurance company on insurance coverage, claim adjustment, and contract interpretation on numerous property and commercial losses following the recent wildfires in California.
- Selected by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York judicial committee presiding over the court’s 1500+ matter Hurricane Sandy docket to serve as the liaison counsel for the private insurance industry. Created and led 12-member steering committee to serve lawyers representing insurance companies to coordinate efforts and set strategy for managing the docket.
- With the guidance of two retired New York State Court of Appeals justices, selected by numerous public works contractors and their insurers to argue in opposition to the appeal in New York’s highest court of the dismissal of a series of cases brought by Long Island towns and villages seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in alleged damage to roadways due to the contractors’ installation of sewers.
Honors & Awards
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2017–19
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 1997
- Rollins College, B.A., 1992
- New York State Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Rollins College Alumni Association Board of Directors, 2013–16
Publications & Events
- “Limitations on the Ability of Insurers to Disclaim Coverage,” Insurance Law Practice – 2d Edition, New York State Bar Association, 2016
- Quoted in “Litigation Lessons From Hurricane Sandy Could Follow Harvey,” NY Law Journal, August 30, 2017
- Quoted in “Eastern District Expedited Resolution of Sandy Claims,” NY Law Journal, May 27, 2016
- Quoted in “NY Court Says Sandy Bad Faith Claims Should be Tossed,” Law 360, June 5, 2014
- Quoted in “Insurance Attorneys Take a Stab at Unscrambling Sandy Suits,” Law 360, February 28, 2014
- “Insurance Litigation Issues,” Harris Martin’s Hurricane Litigation Conference, Miami Beach, FL, May 22, 2018
- “Coverage Issues Arising from Super Storm Sandy and Implications for Future Hurricane Events,” DRI’s Insurance Coverage and Practice Symposium, New York, NY, December 4, 2015
- Panelist, “Judicial Management,” Harris Martin’s Superstorm Sandy Insurance Coverage Litigation Conference, New York, NY, May 9, 2014
- “Storm Sandy Mediation Training,” U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Brooklyn, NY, May 22, 2014
- Co-Presenter, “Preparing for the 2019 Hurricane Season: Weathering the Storm (Part 2 of 2),” GIS Webinar Series, July 30, 2019
- Co-Presenter, “Preparing for the 2019 Hurricane Season: Key Topics (Part 1 of 2),” GIS Webinar, June 25, 2019
Upcoming Webinar: April 14, 2020
March 27, 2020
March 24, 2020
March 19, 2020
September 12, 2019