Jennifer M. Mannion
Jennifer M. Mannion concentrates her practice on defending product liability and commercial transportation matters involving catastrophic injuries. She defends product manufacturers, restaurants, trucking companies, transportation network companies, food production companies and national supermarket and pharmacy chains. She has as a history of counseling clients on sound litigation strategies that result in efficient and cost effective resolutions. She has a proven record of success in defending clients at all stages of litigation, including mediations, appeals, and arbitrations in state and federal court. Her broad range of civil litigation experience includes the defense of claims involving premises liability, professional liability, medical malpractice, contract disputes, and insurance-related matters pertaining to coverage disputes, property damage, and general liability.
Jennifer is an adjunct professor of trial advocacy at Villanova Law School.
- Secured the dismissal of breach-of-contract and negligence claims against a university
- Obtained a defense-arbitration award in state court because the plaintiff did not sustain a serious impairment of bodily function and therefore did not breach the limited tort threshold
- Prevailed on a motion for summary judgment in a case involving a claim for negligent entrustment against a parent
- Obtained a defense arbitration award in state court in an automobile-liability matter
- Prevailed on a motion to dismiss defamation claims against a national bank in a federal lawsuit involving claims for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
Honors & Awards
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015–19
Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association James J. Manderino Award for Trial Advocacy
David E. Worby Scholarship for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
Lewis Powell Medal for Excellence in Advocacy presented by the American College of Trial Lawyers
View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Was a member of the Villanova National Trial Advocacy Team
- Won the 2009 and 2010 Regional National Trial Competitions
- Was a semi-finalist in the 2009 Lonestar Classic Trial Advocacy Competition
- Won the 2008 Lonestar Classic Trial Advocacy Competition
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 2006
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Support Center for Child Advocates: Volunteer Attorney