Jennifer Y. Weller
Jennifer Y. Weller counsels and defends employers, insurers, brokers, and third-party administrators in workers’ compensation matters throughout Missouri and Illinois, and provides prospective and existing clients with ongoing updates, alerts, and advice on workers’ compensation defense and emerging trends in claims and litigation. In over 20 years of experience handling workers’ compensation matters, Jen has defended a vast range of alleged physical, emotional, and “mental-mental” injuries from claimants in numerous industries and sectors, spanning accidental injuries, repetitive trauma, “horseplay,” alleged assault, and more. She also draws on over three years of experience as a staff attorney at the North American arm of one of the world’s largest insurers.
Jen is long-time board member of Kids’ Chance, Inc. of Missouri, a charitable organization providing scholarships to the children of employees who were either killed or severely disabled in work-related injuries in Missouri. Jen has served the organization in numerous roles, including president and co-chair of the Kids’ Chance Golf Tournament annual fundraiser.
Honors & Awards
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- St. Louis University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- St. Louis University, B.A., Political Science, 1995
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Kids’ Chance, Inc. of Missouri: Past President
- Golf Tournament Annual Fundraiser: Co-Chair
Publications & Events
- Presenter, “Missouri Case Law Update,” GS Workers’ Compensation Webinar, October 30, 2019
- Presenter, “Positive Trends in Missouri for Employers and Insurers Following the Appointment of Chairman Robert Cornejo,” GS Workers’ Compensation Webinar, March 13, 2019
- Presenter, “Best Practices for Mitigating Exposure Pre-Suit – Missouri,” GS Workers’ Compensation Webinar, September 5, 2018