John A. DeRose
John A. DeRose is an experienced litigator, handling complex civil matters in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. A successful trial lawyer, John has taken more than a dozen jury trials to verdict. In handling the firm’s cases, he prepares every case for trial, while constantly evaluating the most efficient, cost-effective way to yield favorable results for clients. His practice includes complex commercial transportation, trucking, premises liability, product liability, dram shop, and medical liability matters.
John has been invited to present lectures on jury selection strategy, and strategy for defending limited tort automobile accident cases. His lectures continue to be published annually in the Pennsylvania Bar Institute Manual. John also serves the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas as a certified court arbitrator and judge pro tempore, assisting the court in resolving some of its most complex cases.
Immediately after graduating from Rutgers University School of Law, John served as a law clerk for the Honorable Colleen Maier, J.S.C. in the New Jersey Superior Court, Gloucester County.
Honors & Awards
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018-19
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Rutgers Competitive Trial Team
- Rutgers Civil Practice Clinic: Pro bono work
- Rutgers Federal Prisoner Reentry Program: Pro bono work
- Rutgers’ Pro Bono Publico Award, 2012
- Teaching Assistant: Camden High School-Constitutional Law
- Stockton University, B.A., 2007
- Insurance Society of Philadelphia
- Rutgers Competitive Trial Team: Volunteer Coach and Judge
December 18, 2018