John P. Coghlan
John Coghlan counsels and represents a wide variety of businesses, professionals, insurers, and other clients in matters including nursing home defense, employment litigation and counseling, medical malpractice, commercial litigation, premises liability, and defense of Labor Law claims.
John has extensive experience representing skilled nursing facilities and medical professionals throughout the State of New York. In addition to his professional liability practice, John defends and counsels employers on a variety of employment issues. John’s practice is predicated on a strategic approach that focuses on obtaining positive outcomes, while simultaneously accounting for each client’s long-term goals.
Honors & Awards
Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017–19
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- Albany Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- Sponsler Teaching Fellow for Civil Procedure
- Albany Law Review: Associate Editor
- Domestic Violence Prosecution Hybrid Clinic and Family Violence Litigation Clinic
- University of Vermont, B.A., 2007
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association