Jonathan E. Groth
Jonathan E. Groth focuses the majority of his practice on defending clients in commercial litigation and personal injury matters. Comfortable managing large caseloads, Jonathan is equally adept at guiding clients attentively through each matter. He has extensive experience in all facets of litigation including pleadings and written discovery, drafting and arguing motions, preparing and conducting depositions, handling mediations and negotiating settlements, and analyzing and developing tailored defense strategies based on extensive legal research.
Aside from his accomplishments in the law, Jonathan is a successful entrepreneur with a background in marketing and journalism. He is co-founder, lead copywriter, and chief legal counsel of Happee Manatee, a boutique, Miami-based creative shop specializing in brand re-design, web design, public relations, social media strategy, and legal services for startups.
While earning his law degree at Nova Southeastern University, Jonathan was also the school’s chief representative to the American Bar Association (ABA) Student Division as well as the 5th Circuit Lieutenant Governor for South Florida. He also served as research assistant to Dean Emeritus Joseph Harbaugh, aiding with research and editing for the professor’s book and article manuscripts.
Honors & Awards
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law: Staff Editor
- University of Connecticut, B.A., 2009
- Certificate of Professional Development in Global Business Leadership
- Frost Museum of Science Young Patrons Society