Jonathan R. Fabozzi
Jonathan R. Fabozzi combines insider experience in the automobile, transportation, and insurance industries, a successful record as both trial attorney and corporate counsel, and behind-the-bench insights from his Superior Court clerkship to bring a rare set of qualifications to Goldberg Segalla clients.
Equipped with a deep understanding of clients’ short-term concerns and long-term objectives as well as fluency with media and public relations and a sensitivity to budget constraints, Jon provides efficient, proactive, and comprehensive counsel, focusing his practice on complex products liability and transportation matters.
Jon’s career prior to joining Goldberg Segalla included corporate counsel and litigation roles for two of the world’s leading manufacturers of luxury vehicles; serving as house counsel for one of the largest car insurance providers in the United States; and representing diverse clients in construction litigation, professional and products liability, mass torts, and insurance litigation as a private practitioner. Jon also completed a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Maurice J. Gallipoli, Assignment Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson County.
As corporate counsel for two global leaders in the luxury automobile industry, Jon’s responsibilities included defending against active and threatened litigation and providing advice and counsel on commercial affairs, insurance, franchise law, regulatory affairs, advertising and marketing law, and intellectual property matters. He managed a high-volume caseload involving product liability, class action, consumer warranty, and consumer fraud litigation. Jon regularly counseled senior executives and leadership teams on high-value litigation matters, and provided advice and counsel with respect to risk and damages analysis, settlement negotiations, and defense strategy. Jon frequently conducted legal training seminars and presentations for management teams on emergent automobile industry topics and best practices in order to minimize corporate risk and brand exposure. Jonathan also prepared and negotiated contracts on behalf of his clients, including licensing, confidentiality, parts supply, marketing, special events, and services agreements with third parties.
- As house counsel for a Fortune 500 automobile insurance provider, Jonathan managed and litigated a high volume of insurance matters in New Jersey Superior Court, and was responsible for all phases of litigation practice. Jonathan conducted hundreds of depositions and achieved favorable results on behalf of clients at trials and arbitrations.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of Richmond, B.A., 2003
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Defense Association
Publications & Events
- “An Important Step Forward For Driverless Car Tech Standards,” (Co-Author), Law 360, July 19, 2019
- Mentioned in “Goldberg Segalla Elevates Seven NJ Attorneys to Partner,” NJBIZ, December 20, 2018
- “Autonomous Vehicle Technology – Who is Liable in a Crash?” (Co-Author), New Jersey Defense, Summer 2018
- “Who’s Driving? NJ & Autonomous Vehicles – Perfect Together?” (Co-Presenter), NJDA and ACCNJ Products Liability Seminar, Newark, NJ, February 1, 2019
December 20, 2018
December 18, 2018
July 6, 2017