Joshua A. Mauras
Joshua A. Mauras, a partner in the firm’s Orange County office, is a Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist with over a decade of experience counseling and defending California employers, insurers, and third-party administrators in workers’ compensation matters. He has represented clients before the California Court of Appeals; the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California; the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board; and the California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
Joshua earned his bachelor’s in Business Administration at Chapman University, where he was a four-year letterman and defensive captain of the football team. He went on to earn his J.D. at Chapman University School of Law where he interned at the California Court of Appeal (4th District),
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California
- Chapman University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Chapman University, B.A., 2005
- Joshua earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration a and was a four-year letterman and defensive captain of the football team.
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- California Lawyers’ Association, Workers’ Compensation Section
- California Coalition on Workers’ Compensation, Governmental Relations Committee
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, Orange County Chapter (OC RIMS)
- Commissioner, Orange County Visitors’ Association
Publications & Events
A sought-after speaker on issues related to workers’ compensation law in California (see partial list below), Joshua has also presented over 20 private training seminars for insurance carriers, administrators, and self-insured employers on topics including “Defending Cumulative Trauma Claims,” “Date of Injury Issues in California Workers’ Compensation,” “Defending Psyche Claims,” “Medical Treatment and The Medical-Legal Process,” and more.
- Co-Presenter, “Managing Workers’ Compensation Litigation and Employment Law,” Marsh & McLennan Agency, Irvine, CA, November 6, 2019
- Panelist, “AB1309 Statutory Interpretation and Application,” 2018 Defense Attorney Summit, Petco Park, San Diego, CA, April 6, 2018
- Co-Presenter, “An Update on Utilization Review and Independent Medical Review,” Do You Know Workers’ Compensation Law Seminar, Claremont, CA, October 28, 2016
- Co-Presenter, “Case Law Update,” An Expert’s Review of Workers’ Compensation Seminar, Glendale Hilton, Glendale, CA, October 23, 2015
- Co-Presenter, “What’s Happening Now With UR/IMR,” An Expert’s Review Of Workers’ Compensation Seminar, Glendale Hilton, Glendale, CA, October 23, 2015
- Co-Presenter, “Jurisdictional Issues Before The WCAB,” Glendale Hilton, Glendale, CA, October 2014
- Co-Presenter, “How to Identify and Address Employment Law Issues In Workers’ Compensation,” GIS Employment and Workers’ Compensation Webinar, January 23, 2019
- Co-Presenter, “Worker’s Compensation and Employment Law: Preventing Claims from Turning into Employment Lawsuits,” Webinar, April 25, 2018
August 26, 2019