Justin D. Kaplan
Justin D. Kaplan focuses his practice on litigating product liability matters, complex commercial disputes, and insurance defense matters. His experience includes investigating and defending product liability actions across the country, including attending scene examinations and destructive testing products, as well as litigating partnership disputes, breach of contract claims, breach of fiduciary duty lawsuits, professional liability matters, business torts, intellectual property disputes, fraud claims, and mass torts in both state and federal courts.
Justin consistently achieves successful outcomes for his clients. His background includes resolving product liability disputes, both pre- and post- lawsuit, as well as representing clients in trials, arbitrations, and mediations in complex commercial disputes. In addition, through motion practice, he routinely resolves disputes at early stages, saving his clients time and money.
As a business counselor, Justin partners with his clients to develop strategies that will help them best reach their goals; when litigation is unavoidable, he works to resolve the claim efficiently and effectively. His clients regularly turn to him for assistance in navigating bankruptcy proceedings and litigating patent infringement claims.
Honors & Awards
Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Stars: Product Liability Defense, 2014–21
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., with high honors, 2008
- Order of the Coif: Member
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (x3)
- University of Kansas, B.S., 2005
Publications & Events
- “OSHA and COVID-19: Enforcement Update, Exposure Control Plans, and PPE” (Co-Presenter), GS Webinar Series, August 20, 2020
September 29, 2021
September 13, 2019
January 25, 2019