Larry E. Waters Jr.
Larry E. Waters Jr. concentrates his practice on counseling and defending clients in a variety of civil litigation matters, with special emphasis on the retail and hospitality industry. He manages all aspects of claims handling and litigation, including preparing cases for filing; drafting motions, pleadings and briefs; conducting legal research in preparation for motion hearings; and participating in depositions, hearings, and mediations. Larry draws on experience in insurance coverage and health law, preparing coverage analysis on first-party and third-party claims. He has represented clients before the New York State Office of Temporary Assistance and the Social Security Administration while staff attorney in the medical legal partnership initiative of Neighborhood Legal Services.
While attending law school, Larry worked as a law clerk in private practice, conducting legal research on malpractice and tort liability; drafting pre-trial motions, pleadings and memoranda of law in support of motions for summary judgment; analyzing court cases; and assisting attorneys with expert reports. He also gained experience as a student attorney at the University at Buffalo School of Law Civil Liberties and Transparency Clinic.
Honors & Awards
Upstate New York Super Lawyers, 2020-21
National Black Lawyers 40 Under 40 New York State, 2020-21
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Intellectual Property Law Journal: Executive Technology Editor
- Black Law Students Association: President
- Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition
- Law Alumni Association Scholar
- University of Delaware, B.A., 2014
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Minority Bar Association of Western New York
- President, 2022 to Present
- Vice President/President Elect, 2021
- Western New York Integrated Care Collaborative: Board, 2021 to Present
- C-HOPE: Board, 2020 to Present