Leah A. Brndjar
Leah Brndjar has a diverse litigation and business background, with a practice that includes defending matters in areas such as product liability, personal injury, and premises liability. She defends civil lawsuits but also seeks to help clients avoid litigation by reviewing their policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the most up-to-date legal constructs. Leah frequently appears before state and federal courts, on both the trial and appellate levels, and helps clients resolve their legal disputes through mediation and arbitration. An author and presenter on topics related to product exporting, importing, and labeling, Leah also provides clients cogent analysis of emerging compliance issues and helps clients craft litigation avoidance strategies.
In addition, Leah draws on a background in the logistics industry to connect her clients with business contacts that can help facilitate the practical and legal implications of an ever-changing field of play. This inside experience lends itself to an intimate understanding of business and operating procedures facing companies today, which she uses throughout her practice.
Leah currently serves as the Attorney to the New Jersey Board for USA Gymnastics. Her lifelong experience in the sport combined with her legal practice helps create unique solutions specifically catered to gymnastics clubs, equipment manufacturers, and governing bodies.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- George Washington University, B.A. (International Affairs), cum laude, 2003
- New Jersey Defense Association
Publications & Events
- “E-discovery and the Defense of a Product,” Co-Author, DRI The Voice, July 2019
- Mentioned in “Goldberg Segalla Elevates Seven NJ Attorneys to Partner,” NJBIZ, December 20, 2018
- “Bankruptcy and International Shipping Issues: Three Things for a Non-Industry Person,” American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal, Fall 2018
- “How to Win a Dismissal When the Plaintiff Declares Bankruptcy” (Co-Author), chapter in Product Liability Litigation: Current Law, Strategies, and Best Practices, Practising Law Institute, January 2015
- “The Economic Loss Rule in NJ and the ‘Integrated Product’ Doctrine” (Co-Author), New Jersey Law Journal, December 10, 2014
- “Going Global: Navigating Import and Export Safety Regulations“ (Co-Author), Food Manufacturing, February 10, 2014
- “Importing Organic Foods into the United States, Regulations, Compliance Issues and Labeling,” European American Chamber of Commerce, New York, NY, September 30, 2015
- “Labeling Natural and Organic Products Imported to the United States,” Polish American Chamber of Commerce
December 20, 2018
December 18, 2018