Maria K. Dyson
Maria K. Dyson represents a range of clients in commercial litigation, with a focus on employment law, municipal, and civil rights matters. An experienced litigator, Maria has tried 15 state and federal cases in several states. She has been certified as class counsel in cases involving civil rights violations, violation of federal labor laws, and product liability. Maria also has appellate experience before the Second, Third, Fourth, and Sixth U.S. Courts of Appeals. In addition, she authored a Petition for Certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court.
While attending St. John’s University, Maria developed a passion for service and volunteered with several community aid organizations. During law school Maria gained experience during internships with a private firm specializing in civil rights, and with the Hon. Jenny Rivera at the New York State Court of Appeals. After graduating, she worked as a litigator in private law firms and nonprofit organizations.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- City University of New York Law School, J.D., 2013
- Moot Court: President
- St. John’s University, B.S., 2009
Publications & Events
- “Negligent Healthcare in Prisons and Jails,” Co-Author, Trial Magazine, 2018