Martin G. Hodgins
Martin G. Hodgins counsels and defends employers, insurers, and third-party administrators in workers’ compensation matters throughout the state of North Carolina. Prior to joining Goldberg Segalla, Martin gained experience as an attorney at the North Carolina Department of Justice, where he represented state agencies in all aspects of workers’ compensation matters involving both workplace injuries and occupational diseases.
Outside his workers’ compensation practice, Martin serves as a pro bono attorney for Legal Aid Lawyer on the Line, advising low income and indigent clients on a variety of legal issues. In law school, he gained experience with the UNC Civil Legal Assistance Clinic representing clients working in the United States under the H-2A visa program, Fair Labor Standards Act, and North Caroline Wage and Hour Act. He also held an externship with the Brunswick County District Attorney office.
- North Carolina
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Holderness Moot Court
- Graduate and Professional Honor System: Attorney General
- Faculty Selection Committee
- Multicultural and Diversity Committee
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, B.A., cum laude, 2014
- Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society
- Legal Aid Lawyer on the Line: Pro Bono Attorney, 2019 to present